"Created" status in Test Mode

hi i am in test mode and when i initiate test transactions using 0771111111 they
returned status is Created and it shows InnBucks and not Ecocash yet i only have Ecocash selected as payment method

Polling transaction status…
Paynow Polling Status: InitResponse {
success: false,
hasRedirect: false,
isInnbucks: false,
error: undefined
}
Current Polling Status: created
Polling transaction status…
Paynow Polling Status: InitResponse {
success: false,
hasRedirect: false,
isInnbucks: false,
error: undefined
}

Help please

Hi good morning.

Please note that “Created” is one of transaction status but not a final transaction to get final transaction status please setup a resulturl on your server where paynow will post an update once the payment is done.

Reference

How Paynow Works - Request flow

This is the communication that goes on between Paynow and merchant during a transaction.

1. You Send a Request to Paynow*

You send a request to Paynow to initiate a transaction.

• The request contains payment information like amount and validation details.

2. Paynow Responds:

• Upon receiving the request, if the details are correct, Paynow responds with status=ok, hash=generated_hash,browserurl, pollurll

3. You process the response

• You need to verify the hash using the method as shown below, Once you verify the hash, you need to store the pollurl and then redirect your user to browserurl , where they will attempt to make payment.

4. On Paynow secure payment page:

• The user completes the payment on Paynow’s secure website.
  • Once they have paid or cancelled, they are redirected to your site’s returnurl you sent on the initiate transaction body.
  • Paynow sends a payment status details to your site’s resulturl which is an endpoint you set in your server that waits for a status from Paynow.

5. On Result URL (Your server):

• You receive data from Paynow as shown on status Update Page.
  • Validate the hash and store/ update the data in your database.
  • You also use pollurl to verify the data before updating your database.

6. On Return URL (Your server):

• User is taken to this url after they have completed the transaction on Paynow.
  • On this page you have to check for Payment status show relevant information to the user.

Thank you very much for this detailed reposnse… frustration was begining to set in. We are trying to implement Express Mobile Checkout. Please may you explain the above in the context of Express Mobile Checkout… Then i am also curious as to why there is “Innbucks” and not Ecocash

Please note that both Innbucks and ecocash are available but for test you can only use that number which is an ecocash number. If you are reffering to innbucks in response body -> please not carefully isInnbucks: false, is a flag
that shows that the transaction is not an innbucks transaction

For express Checkout Transactions
You also pass in your resulturl and Paynow will send an update to that url. after you have initiated the transaction. Ref https://github.com/paynow/Paynow-NodeJS-SDK

thank you very much. i will revert back with an update

hi… a bit of progress made… now the issue i am facing is that some test transactions are returning status=Awaiting+Delivery and randomly another test transaction will return status=Paid and this is with express checkout … please help

Hi good day.

Please note that Paid ,Awaiting+Delivery, Delivered statuses mean the Transaction has been successfully paid.

Below are Paid statuses meaning.

“Paid” Transaction paid successfully, the merchant will receive the funds at next settlement.
“Awaiting Delivery” Transaction paid successfully, but is sitting in suspense waiting on the merchant to confirm delivery of the goods.
“Delivered” The user or merchant has acknowledged delivery of the goods but the funds are still sitting in suspense awaiting the 24 hour confirmation window to close.