Result URL Payment Results

I have managed to post a payment and i get it to return to the result URL. All fine how do i get the status of Payment Created, Awaiting Delivery, Cancelled etc. I would like to know if the user cancelled or processed the payment or just left the screen.

When you Post a payment request successfully you get a response with the following fields.

Field Data Type Description
browserurl String The URL on Paynow that the merchant site will redirect the Customer’s browser to. Upon redirect the Customer will perform their transaction.
pollurl String The URL on Paynow the merchant site can poll to confirm the transaction’s current status.
status String Set to “Ok” at this stage of the transaction.
hash String Details of Hash generation are provided in a later section of this

At this point your request has been successful and you are waiting for the customer to pay

Once the customer pays paynow will post the following to your result URL

Field Data Type Description
reference String The transaction’s reference on the merchant site.
amount Decimal Final amount of the transaction to two decimal places.
paynowreference String Reference number for the transaction in Paynow.
pollurl String The URL on Paynow the merchant site can poll to confirm the transaction’s current status.
status String After payment is complete Paynow will notify the merchant site with one of the Status values.
hash String Details of Hash generation are provided in the Generating Hash section.

The status field has the following possible values

Status Description
“Paid” Transaction paid successfully, the merchant will receive the funds at next settlement.
“Awaiting Delivery” Transaction paid successfully, but is sitting in suspense waiting on the merchant to confirm delivery of the goods.
“Delivered” The user or merchant has acknowledged delivery of the goods but the funds are still sitting in suspense awaiting the 24 hour confirmation window to close.
“Created” Transaction has been created in Paynow, but has not yet been paid by the customer.
“Sent” Transaction has been created in Paynow and an up stream system, the customer has been referred to that upstream system but has not yet made payment.
“Cancelled” The transaction has been cancelled in Paynow and may not be resumed and needs to be recreated.
“Disputed” Transaction has been disputed by the Customer and funds are being held in suspense until the dispute has been resolved.
“Refunded” Funds were refunded back to the customer.

Is this data posted back to the result url as json or a string or as url encorded.

Hi guys, i am also having the same problem now in C# sdk.
Please kindly help me.

Hi @mohideenasraf , can you confirm you are receiving the result URL

bodyParser (express) will convert the response to JSON. Commenting for anyone who might experience the same issue in the future

Hie lets say the results url status is sent will they still send the results when the status is now paid or i will requist manually

@muck Yes, provided you supplied the return url

I mean on the results url