Transaction Lifecycle API

Hi

We successfully integrated with paynow through the API (Mobile express payments).

Our challenge is that there are some transactions which have not been updated to failed after client has canceled payment. As a result on doing next payment its adding up the previous cancelled transactions to the new transactions.

Our understanding is that paynow auto fails transactions if payment is canceled or does not go through. Is this correct if not whats the correct way to clear transactions.

PS: Our implimentation is a per Python SDK Example, we also check the data being sent to paynow its correct.

Regards

"some transactions which have not been updated to failed " , is the failed update happening inside your Paynow dashboard or on your sites database ?

“Our understanding is that paynow auto fails transactions if payment is cancelled or does not go through” - correct if the payment fails we send a status update to your result url , with the correct status. If you do not receive and update from paynow you can use your pollUrl to check on the status of a payment

“Our implementation is a per Python SDK Example” - The SDK’s are our preferred method of integration as care has been taken to make sure the correct information has been sent to Paynow. If you believe this is not the case if you give more detail we would be happy to look into that likely hood.

The format of a status update can be found here

Paynow amount variations

Thanks for your feedback

The issue i managed to resolve. i included the below code before adding new items to the pament.items list.

payment.items = []

I hope this is the correct way of doing it, so far its been working

You emptied the cart?